Acetic Acid Recovery Plant
Acetic Acid Recovery/Acid Recovery
Acetic Acid recovery from the dilute streams can be proceed selectively and in high capacity by using Reactive Liquid Liquid Extraction.
Reactive Liquid Liquid Extraction
Reactive Liquid Liquid Extraction is an intensified extraction process. It is based on the reaction between the Extractant and the Solute (Acetic Acid) to enhance the Distribution and Selectivity.
The Reactive Extraction Process utilizes the power of Extractants and Diluents to selectively extract Acetic Acid from the feed stream.
Extractant plays major role in the extraction process. It reacts with the Solute which helps in complete extraction into the organic phase. In most of the Reactive Extraction processes two types Extractants are used:
· High molecular weight aliphatic amines
· Organophosphorus Compounds
Most of the Extractants used are insoluble or immiscible in water and of high boiling point. Optimum Extractants are selected based on characteristics of the feed materials. They can be single molecule or effective combinations.
Most of the Extractants are either solids or viscous liquids. Therefore Diluents are essential to make the extraction process work. The Diluents help in controlling the physical properties like Viscosity, Density, and Surface Tension. It also helps in the stability of the reaction between the Solute and Extractant.
Most of the Diluents used are immiscible in water and high boiling point. Optimum Diluents are selected based on characteristics of the feed materials. They can be single molecule or effective combinations.
· The Capacity of the Extraction System is very high due to the high distribution coefficient.
· High purity Glacial Acetic Acid can be recovered
· Complete Extraction of Solute is possible.
· It can handle difficult Feed Materials
· The Acetic Acid content in the Spent Water is almost nill. Due to the greatly reduced organic content, the disposal of the Spent Water becomes easy and economical.
UD Technologies offer Semi Automatic /Automatic Acetic Acid recovery Plant with technology